STCW Port Skipper
The STCW training course for the professional certification in Port Skipper includes:
- Teaching material.
- Theory: 110 h in person.
- Practical training: 40 h.
- Interactive classroom with electronic board.
- Job board (we provide the right offer).
Professional qualification. Theoretical and practical course in which you will be trained as merchant ships skipper up to 100 GT . With this qualification you can sail up to 3 miles from the shore/port and transport up to 150 passengers. You can simultaneously take the command of the vessel and the machine service.
150h (120 theory + 30 practical training).
Theoretical classes are taught in our classrooms in the Olympic Village and practical training will be done at Port Olímpic in Barcelona.
If you are Spanish, once the course has been completed, the DGMM will issue you the certificate accrediting a boarding period of at least 12 months in ships of minimum 5 GT and more than 100 KW of power.
- Knowledge of the deck and naval machines.
- Planning the path.
- Maritime navigation.
- Naval construction.
- Stability and hydrostatics.
- Regulations to prevent collisions.
- Maritime beaconing.
- Safety at sea.
- Ship\\\\\’s energy facilities.
- Naval machines.
- Maritime English.
- Crowd control.
- Maritime law.
- Work safety on board.
To take the course:
- Spanish ID (DNI), Foreigner ID (NIE) or passport, in force.
- Minimum age 20 years.
For issuance of the certificate: