STCW GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC)
The theoretical-practical course that will enable you to perform functions related to the radiocommunications service on board includes:
- Pedagogical material.
- Theory: 50 contact hours.
- Practical lessons: 70 hours.
- Vox Maris simulators.
- Mandatory insurance.
- Interactive classroom with electronic board.
- Job board.
GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC)
Theoretical and mainly practical course, with Vox Maris simulators, which will empower you to perform the functions related to the radiocommunication service on ships under the GMDSS, for all maritime zones -A1, A2, A3 and A4- both for regular communications such as in situations of distress, urgency and safety, communication with maritime rescue, watchtowers or coordination of rescue operations.
120h (50 theory + 70 practical training)
Directed to captains and officers in charge of the navigation guard of civilian ships under the GMDSS in any navigation area.
If you are the holder of the Restricted Operator certificate of the SMSSM you can take the reduced course: Restricted to General.
80h (30 theory + 50 practical training)
DISCLAIMER: If you do not speak Spanish/Catalan, we offer a simultaneous translation with subtitles on a big screen into almost any language (e.g. English, French, German, Italian, etc.) so you can follow the theoretical classes with no problem at all.
- General principles and basic characteristics of the G.D.M.S.S.
- Practical knowledge and enabling the basic equipment of a ship\\\’s station.
- Operational procedures and detailed operation of the practice of the GMDSS systems and their subsystems.
- Capabilities and operating procedures for communications.