STCW Deck Rating
The theoretical-practical course that prepares you for the navigation guard, watchman or helmsman on ships includes:
- Teaching material.
- Theory: 45 contact hours.
- Practical training: 25 hours.
- All mandatory security equipment.
- Interactive classroom with electronic board.
- Mandatory insurance.
Theoretical and practical course that trains and prepares you to be part of the navigation guard, watchman or ship steersman.
70h (45 theory + 25 practical training).
This qualification allows you to govern, for commercial purposes , boats less than 10m in length with adequate power to the boat and transport a maximum of 12 passengers, operating within inland waters .
Aimed at crew of civil ships, with the exception of fishing vessels.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not speak Spanish/Catalan, we offer a simultaneous translation with subtitles on a big screen into almost any language (e.g. English, French, German, Italian, etc.) so you can follow the theoretical classes with no problem at all.
- Nomenclature and definitions on board on the bridge and deck of the ship.
- Government of a ship, watch service and safe guard.
- Emergencies and use of security equipment.
- Maritime technical English.
- DNI (Spanish ID), NIE or passport in force.
- Minimum age 16 years.
To issue the degree:
- Overcome the medical examination of the ISM (Institut Social de la Marina in Barcelona).
- Accredit at least 6 months of boarding performing professional services on board.